Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lotte Kestner - China Mountain (2008)



For all Shoegaze & Dreampop lovers

Lotte Kestner is the solo project of Trespassers William's singer/songwriter Anna-Lynne Williams. These songs are more lyric-driven and bare than her other projects. While most of the album is made up of layers of Anna-Lynne's voice and acoustic guitar playing, there are brief appearances from Jeff Martin of Idaho, Ross Simonini of Trespassers William, and Toby Campbell of Anomie Belle, on a number of instruments. As well as harmonica, keys, drums, ukulele, and harp played by Anna-Lynne. China Mountain includes a cover of "Leif Erikson", originally by Interpol.

This album has influences of experimental folk music, artists such as Joanna Newsom, Devendra Banhart and CocoRosie. Though there are still many elements of the shoegaze and British pop music that are present in Trespassers William.


Lotte Kestner - Interview

Lotte Kestner is most likely a new name to our readers (and I know it's not your name either!). Tell us about yourself.

Most people never got my real name right anyway (Anna-Lynne). It feels curiously natural having people address me as Lotte on Myspace. Lotte Kestner is a borrowed name, she is a real woman from the 1700's who inspired a character in The Sorrows of Young Werther. I was reading that book at a memorable time in my life, when I was touring France. And I came upon the name again when I was just starting this solo project. It's usually hard for me to commit to names of albums and songs, but pretty much all of the names associated with this project were effortless and felt right. Even songs like 'Temperature', where the word doesn't appear in the song anywhere...read more


The CD is available on
CD Baby and http://trespasserswilliam.com/media.htm

for me this Album is amazing & voices of Anna-Lynne really beautiful
Download

No comments: